Saturday 3 March 2012

Club Welto

In 2007 and 2008 I had some involvement with a live music showcase night called Club Welto which we ran at a few different venues. The flyers for the first few events had a flyer design that was recognisable and conveyed the information efficiently but was fairly simplistic. When I took over the flyer design I wanted to change things up a bit. This is the first of the new style of designs.


We released a promotional CD featuring a track each by many of the acts who had performed at the night over the months. The cover featured a montage of elements from four of the original style of flyer.


At around the same time as the last event we put on the film Wall-E had been released. A friend came up with the concept of turning Wall-E into Welt-O. Here is the original movie poster and the manipulated version I created for the Welto poster.


Here is another version I produced as a flyer along with a different Wall-E advert.


I was very happy with the way these turned out and it was a lot of fun putting them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment