Saturday 3 March 2012

CD covers

A few DJs and bands asked me to do them covers for their promotional CDs. Here are a few examples from over the years.

The first, from 2004, is a great tech-house DJ who goes by the name Richy Vallenz. I paid homage to the inspiration for his name, the late Ritchie Valens, in this light-hearted CD design.


Here is the inspiration.


The next is from the same DJ but probably gives a more accurate idea of the kind of music to expect.


This is a cover I did for one of my own DJ mixes which featured exclusively older tunes, tracks which sampled old numbers, or tunes with a retro feel. The old style 3D specs and computer font gave just the feel I was looking for.


This cover was for a band called Sanna's demo CD from 2008. The lead track is called Elements so I went with the idea of a periodic table but incorporated the band's name and the track titles into it. Here is a link to their MySpace if you want to give them a listen.


No comments:

Post a Comment